Shirley Boys’ High School is a single-sex school with a roll of 1200 boys. We pride ourselves on being specialists in boys' education. The International Programme has welcomed students from a diverse range of countries – America, Argentina, France, Germany, Hong Kong and mainland China, Italy, Japan, Korea, Slovakia, Thailand and Vietnam. We have students who attend for a one-term programme, a one-year programme to those who stay for up to 5 years.
Shirley Boys’ focuses on five main pillars - Academic, Leadership, Sporting, Cultural and Community - to offer our students a well-rounded education. We work to ensure our International students are involved in all 5 pillars.
Shirley Boys’ has an emphasis on Academic success, developing independence and a personal commitment to achieving, (BtB, Better than Before). We want our students to develop a love of learning and become life-long learners who develop into well-rounded global citizens. When they leave the school they identify as “Shirley Men” – The school places a strong emphasis on character development. Our ERO review states that “There is a strong school culture that focuses on positive relationships at all levels. This has enabled the school to confidently respond to challenges from the past and build sound learning opportunities for the future. Boys benefit from a strong sense of belonging to their school, confidence in their identity as a member of the school community, and pride in their own school-wide achievements. There is a well-developed philosophy for boys’ education”.
- International students have individualized programs designed to meet their specific learning needs and goals.
- Wide choice of academic and technical subjects including an extension program. Wide choice of co-curricular activities – sport, drama, music, art. English Language classes and Subject Support classes
- Excellent pastoral care, a dedicated international team who work carefully and closely with students, teachers, and agents to ensure the best possible outcomes for international students both academically and personally.
- Opportunities outside the classroom such as volunteering, sports, leadership, trips, and outings.
- Check out our Facebook Page, a virtual tour of the school, and some student testimonials
- Region: Canterbury
- Co Ed Status: Single Sex (Boys School)
- Roll Total: 1242
- Authority: State
- International roll: 30
- Curriculum: NZQA
Claim your free profile and edit it with StudySpy's provider dashboard!
Sign up & edit