About the course
This programme provides students with the required skills and competencies for future work and career opportunities within the specialised field of the New Zealand healthcare industry. With work placement provided at the end of the programme, graduates will be work ready and able to apply specialised and technical knowledge and skills in palliative and aged care, rehabilitation, health promotion and primary health care.
- Minimum of a Level 5 qualification or above
- A compulsory criminal record check
- Recommended minimum of Step 4 Literacy and Step 5 Numeracy on the Adult Learning Progressions or equivalent
- An interview and a short statement of intent on why the learner wishes to pursue a Healthcare qualification
- English Requirement (International students): IELTS academic score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 or NZCEL Level 4 (Academic) qualification or other NZQA approved criteria.Employment opportunities
Graduates of the Diploma in Community Health Care and Support (Level 7) will be able to seek employment in a range of workplaces.
Geriatric: retirement villages; rest homes; in home services; elderly care organisations; acupuncture clinics; massage and reflexology clinics.
Palliative: hospice; rest Homes, in-home services; retirement villages; elderly care organisations
- Community Healthcare Worker
- Health Educator
- Support Worker
- ACC Case and Claims Officer
- Health Promotion Officer
- Aged Care Sector
- Health Organisation
- Personal Care Assistant
About the provider
Founded in 2003, NZSE is an accredited NZQA Category One provider of tertiary qualifications in Business, Early Childhood Education, Healthcare, IT, Retail, Security, Military and University Preparation. With campuses in New Lynn, Manukau, Auckland CBD and Hamilton.
Whatever career path you choose at NZSE you will get the benefits of practical experience, industry connections and internationally recognised qualifications. NZSE is funded by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC), and we have strong partnerships with leading universities and polytechnics such as University of AUT, Massey and Waikato. Our programmes provide a broad variety of educational opportunities and pathways for both international and domestic students.