About the course
If you want to become a baker or to train further as a patisserie chef, this course teaches you a full array of baking techniques and gives you real world experience with a five week internship.
This course will teach you the foundation skills to become a baker or to train further as a patisserie chef.
You’ll learn both the practical knowledge and theory behind working in a commercial bakery including how to create delicious speciality breads and doughs, as well as a variety of cakes and slices. Plus, gain real world experience through a five week internship in a commercial kitchen or bakery.
This course is delivered by The Culinary Collective, New Zealand’s culinary school who are part of NZMA.
- Be a minimum of 17 years old.
- Have NCEA Level 1 or have relevant and current industry experience. If you do not meet these requirements you may still be enrolled if you show the motivation and the skills needed to succeed in the course.
- Be physically able to do the practical components of this programme.
- Be a minimum of 18 years old at the start of the course.
- Have completed secondary school overseas or New Zealand Year 11 from a New Zealand TEO) or have equivalent work experience.
- Have English language proficiency If English is your second language, you need an English level of 5.5 IELTS or equivalent with no band score lower than 5 (other English tests or evidence of your English language ability may be approved as advised by NZQA).
- Have travel and medical insurance and a valid visa.
About the provider
If you want a career in hospitality, cookery, business, contact centre, retail, construction, electrical engineering, health, plumbing and gasfitting or early childhood then NZMA is a great choice!
We have seven thriving campuses - four in Auckland (Sylvia Park, Auckland City, Manukau and Otahuhu), one in Hamilton, Wellington plus a dedicated construction training facility in Otahuhu. So wherever you live, NZMA has got you covered!
All of our campuses are fully equipped with purpose-built, top of the line facilities. From bars, cafes and commercial kitchens, to retail shops, live contact centre suites and construction workshops - our realistic workplace training environments will get you work-ready quicker.