About the course
Do you mean business?
So you want to move into project management? Arm yourself with the knowledge and skills to lead, plan and execute a project with confidence. Learn the complex techniques to successful project management and develop your planning and problem solving arsenal.
Do you want to become a project manager but aren’t sure how to get your foot in the door? Do you currently assist a project management team and want greater responsibility? Are you a small business owner looking to gain more skills in managing your business and projects? Then a qualification in project management could be for you.
You can fit your study around your work, family and lifestyle – there is no need to be a full-time student while studying with eCampus NZ. You can work and learn. All study is completely online – with supportive facilitators and advisors to help you along the way.
This course is fully online and requires approximately 600 learning hours.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand business entities with people who can carry out a broad range of support roles as a project team member and take responsibility for some parts of a project(s).
Graduates of this qualification will gain:
Technical knowledge and skills
- Apply project management knowledge to support the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closing of a project(s).
- Lead aspects of a project(s) under broad guidance.
- Select and use project management tools and techniques appropriate to the project management task.
- Collaborate and contribute to the achievement of objectives.
- Communicate information clearly to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner.
- Manage self to contribute to the project’s performance.
- Determine solutions for operational issues in a project(s).
Business environment skills
- Comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements for the entity.
Career Opportunities and Outcomes
Upon graduating you will have the skills and knowledge to be employed in a variety of business entities in project support roles. You will also be able to contribute to community groups in volunteer project roles.
Your study pathway could progress onto the NZ Diploma in Business [Level 5] or the Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS).
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
About the provider
The Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT) offers you over 160 qualifications from certificate and diploma, to degree and postgraduate level at campuses in Hawke's Bay, Tairāwhiti (Gisborne) and Auckland. Or learn at one of our Regional Learning Centres situated in Hastings, Maraenui, Ruatoria, Waipukurau and Wairoa. EIT Hawke's Bay is one of New Zealand's most attractive campuses with superb architecture and shaded outdoor areas for study on warm days. EIT Tairāwhiti two campuses are located in the heart of Gisborne, near the Taruheru River, and you can get more central than EIT Auckland location on Queen Street! When you choose to study at EIT you'll get the kind of experiences that will help you gain the knowledge and skills to get ahead, whether you want to break into your chosen career or change direction in life.