|Domestic tuition||$2,645 per year|
About the course
Your path to a career in developing technology for mobile and web.
Are you interested in solving real world business and community problems with the power of mobile and web? You’ll learn how to create responsive mobile-first web applications and be confident problem solver using code. If you are a hands-on creator and enjoy making, testing and seeing your creations come to life, then a career in full-stack development is for you.
In just 12 weeks, you will gain new skills, get professionally certified and build your portfolio of work to stand out in the tech industry. You will:
- learn by solving real industry projects
- get trained by industry experts in your chosen career
- develop the latest professional and tech skills needed to successfully transition into a tech career.
As a Full Stack Web Development professional, you will gain skills in the following:
- Create responsive web applications
- Develop server-side software
- Use professional coding frameworks and libraries
- Security best practices
- Database development
- Perform unit testing
- Use of IDEs and source code management tools
- Coding best practices
- Understand software licenses
This Otago Polytechnic training scheme is delivered in partnership with Mission Ready HQ. It's designed for beginners interested in starting a tech career.
So, if you're a high school leaver, second chance learner, career changer, or skill-upgrader who is motivated by the need to gain or retain entry-level employment in the highly paid tech sector then this could be for you.
- Applicants must have the legal right to study in New Zealand.
- All applicants must be able to meet the NCEA Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy requirements.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
- Otago Polytechnic’s policy AP0520.03 English Language Requirements for Those for whom English is an Additional Language applies.
- New Zealand University Entrance, or
- Overall Academic IELTS 5.5 with no individual band score lower than 5.0 (achieved in one test completed in the last two years), or
- Acceptable alternative evidence of the required IELTS (see here for NZQA proficiency table and here for list of recognised proficiency tests).
- If you need to improve your English Language skills, Otago Polytechic offer a wide range of English programmes.
About the provider
Launch your tech career. Get certified and job-ready in three to six months. Train and up-skill in real work environments with real clients and projects.
Step One: Accomplish Simulated Missions.
Work on industry-inspired projects and missions every week with cross functional team to build foundational skill in your chosen field.
Step Two: Accomplish Real World Missions.
Gain experience and put your new skills into practice by working in real world projects with guidance from industry experts.
Step Three: You're Mission Ready.
12 to 19 weeks later, you’ll be job and interview ready, with a fresh CV and reference from your industry project sponsor.